We at Peel Media own and manage MediaCityUK.
We are a small team, so we don’t have a large number of staff positions and those that we do have, will be advertised on this web page.
There are over 200 businesses based at MediaCityUK, all of whom you can find in our occupiers’ directory. When asked, we will share their job opportunities via our Twitter feed – so keep your eyes peeled.
MediaCityUK useful job links
Employers located in or providing services to MediaCityUK are able to access recruitment and business support services provided by a partnership of agencies, called the Bridges to MediaCityUK Partnership. The Partnership works with the Peel Group, to provide a ‘one stop’ offer of business support. They can assist with the recruitment of local talent, access to business networks, training and workforce development, familiarisation tours and market intelligence. For more information or to contact the Partnership email: email@example.com.
Skillset Careers is the specialist careers information, advice and guidance service for the UK's creative media industries.
e-skills UK is a not-for-profit, employer-led organisation, licensed by government as the Sector Skills Council for business and information technology.
The Careers Advice Service offers advice on careers and learning.
MediaCityUK Freelancers Network. This is run by a freelancer (not Peel Media).
The Peel Group is a leading infrastructure, transport and real estate enterprise in the UK with assets in excess of £5bn. The Group holds significant investments in a number of growing businesses including Ports, Airports, Media, Energy, Land, Developments, Investment Property, Environmental assets, Hotels, Utilities and Advertising as well as a portfolio of investments in quoted companies of around £500m.
We have an outstanding opportunity within our Group IT department based at our offices in MediaCity. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working within a talented team. This position will report directly to the Lead helpdesk engineer and locally to the Finance Director. The successful candidate must also have very good communication, interpersonal skills, as they will need to interact with both IT staff and various levels of users across a broad range of skills. Salary is dependent on experience
· Provide various levels of support on Desktop, Server and Networks.
· Supporting a Microsoft Windows 7, Citrix, MS Office 2010/2103/Office 365, Mimecast, ShareFile.
· Address support calls, including escalating internally and with third party support partners.
· Strong administration and fault resolution skills - organised, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail
· Ensure backup tapes are changed daily and stored offsite
· Maintain a service desk database and maintain log of support calls
· Installation & Configuration of peripherals, cards & upgrades, Identification & installation of patches & upgrades for PCs & software and Smartphones.
· Active Directory administration
· Working of Exchange 2010, Antivirus, Backup software and routines.
· Provide basic user training for new starters & MS Office configuration.
· Ability and desire to learn new skills and toolsets
· Experience of support multi location based users
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player essential
· Initiative, enthusiastic and “Can do” attitude
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent customer liaison skills able to deal with personnel at all levels.
· Microsoft Certification
To apply send your CV and brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th July 5pm
SIS at MediaCityUK, has a wide range of job openings, including:
- Senior Web Application Developer
- QA Tester
- Web Applications Developer
- Insights Manager
- Marketing Planning Manager
- Service Desk Technician
- Release Manager
- DevOps Support Engineer
- Service Desk Technician
- QA Engineer
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Studio Operations Department
We are looking for a Lighting Gaffer on a 12 month contract to work within the team supporting studio based productions.
You will be one of two staff lighting gaffers that are responsible for the safe installation and removal of lighting and electrical equipment for shows and events in our facilities at MediaCityUK. As a staff gaffer you will be responsible for the electrical / lighting crew working on a production to ensure safe and prompt delivery of services, facilities and equipment. Good interaction with the Lighting Director and Team, Turnaround Managers and Studio Managers is of great importance.
- Experience of lighting within the broadcast and events industry and experience of Intelligent lights and Generic lighting systems is essential
- Electrical and safety qualifications / competency including NEBOSH / IOSH, BS7909 & IEE 17th Edition are desirable
We would require you
- To have a ‘can do’ attitude, seeking out innovative solutions to resolve individual production challenges.
- To be approachable and informative with the lighting crew
- To communicate well with our Turnaround Managers and Lighting Directors
- To work cooperatively with the other disciplines involved in making TV Shows and Events
Simply email your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would be great for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications 7th August 2015.